Saturday 11 February 2012

Stitchy Time!

Helloooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Well I am totally and utterly excited!!! (Squeals with delight!) and I couldn't wait to share my excitement with some-one!

The reason for this excitement is this.......

I have had an idea for quite some time now.....  It all started when I was introduced to Folk Art designs, and for a looooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg time, I have been sketching and moving and sketching some more until I came up with this......


Now, I've had these two sketches, along with a few others, sitting around for an absolute age, calling out to me to do something with them, and I couldn't decide what to do.......... and then it hit me....... I felt a need to stitch!!  The last time I did any form of hand stitching (apart from cross stitching, which I have not had a lot of time to do!) was when I was Eleven (11)!!!   That is a pretty long time ago, but I didn't let it phase me, I just went ahead and used some felt in places and started stitching...... I fell in love all over again with the calm and soothing pace of stitching and this is what it looks like so far.....


Size wise, it is just slightly smaller than an A4 sheet of paper, and this one is almost complete, I am still busy decorating the house.  I also have one on the go that is going to be completely hand stitched, with not a piece of felt in sight!  

I have to say...... I  totally LOVE this piece to bits!  I think it's more to do with the fact that I have pondered over the design for so long, and now I can see it all coming together.... Yaaaaayyyy!!

As soon as it is completed, I will show it to you. Promise!

Have a Fab time....... until next time......

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment