Friday 10 February 2012

Some Hand knitting!

Hello Everyone, I hope you have all been having a really good week.


It has been extremely cold up in this part of the northern hemisphere, and we had more snow, followed by icy rain, so walking has become extremely hazardous and everything is covered with a layer of ice, but there are things that look quite pretty.....



I have been really busy re-decorating another house during the day, so have not had very much time to be creative, although I have managed to do a bit of hand knitting in the evenings ......


It has been extremely therapeutic, especially after a hard day of stripping wallpaper and painting. 

If you have been following me for a while, you will know that I do not really like hand knitting...... I just find it very hard work, and my skills with hand knitted items are rather limited!! (Give me a knitting machine, and that's a whole different story!!!)  But..... my gorgeous family gave me a subscription to the Art of Knitting, which walks you through different stitches and techniques in the form of a square, so by the end, you produce a lovely blanket/afghan and have gained new skills.... so.... as I progress, I will show you a little of what I've done, right up to the end! Be warned.... this may take some time ;-)).

Well, I need to go and get some of my own chores done, before I can sneak in some creativity time, so I hope you all have a really wonderful week.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment