Tuesday 3 July 2012

Olympic Torch.

Hello.........


We were fortunate enough to see the Olympic Torch pass through our little town on it's journey to London, towards the end of last week........





 The two pictures above, were the street dancers, who were extremely full of energy!





We then had the vehicle procession.....


I had to get this picture of the Olympic Mascot Wenlock



This is Bill Weston our local Olympic Torch bearer and founder of the Billerettes


and I just had to take this picture as I have never seen this many people here before - even on carnival day!!!

There were various floats and processions which followed the main procession, I will have to go through them and see if there are any worth putting up for you to see.

We did manage to get pictures of Bean and Peanut holding the torch, and the day was very well organised, with loads of fun, so I thought I would share it with my readers who may unfortunately not get the opportunity to experience one of these days..... it really makes you feel part of the Olympics and I am really looking forward to some of the games!

xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment