Friday 9 November 2012

Teeny Bear

Well HELLO Everyone!

Sorry for being so lax-a-daisy with my blog during this last week, but I have been really busy with a commission!!!!

A friend is launching a new range of bespoke clothing and accessories in December, and has asked me to be  part of the design team (Eeeeeeeekkkk!! - A very excitable eek!), so I have been busy doing stuff for that!

You may recall from here that Bean and Peanut were on half term and our thoughts had turned to creating things for Christmas......

Well, I have to sift through a lot of pictures and sort them out into order before I can upload them, but I just have to show you Bean's attempt at a Bear pattern that I have from my childhood....... I used to make loads of these little bears for friends and family, and it was all very nostalgic for me that both Bean and Peanut chose this pattern as one of their choices to create as presents for friends....

Here is Bean's test bear......



He is very cute for a first make, although a tad lopsided and not as stuffed as he should be, and Bean did not give him a mouth!!

Bean was not as impressed with him as I was, and that was purely down to the fact that she is a bit of a perfectionist and he didn't come out ........ perfect!

I am pleased to say that whilst Bean discarded him, Peanut was quick to adopt him and take the picture above, with him holding her lip balm!

On a good note, Bean did not give up, she has proceeded to perfect her bear making skills, and when I get a chance, I will post more pictures :-)

Well, until next time.... have a good day and thanks for popping in.

xxx

Edited to add:  I've just realised........ this is my 100th post!!!!!! Yaaaayyyyy! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment